Sunday, April 26, 2009

Today was a torturous day.
Started at 9 am till 3am?

First was a VIP lunch for a chinese state councilor. IT WAS CRAPPY. There was this new sales manager. I think he's from china so i thought he was with the guests. Then obviously if he's with the guest i would just listen to him what right. So what happened was that we were already rushing with the preparation of the room then he came along and asked us to change the menu thrice. It was annoying me i guess cos it was only my table that had menus.

Then the SERIOUSLY PISSING ME OFF PART came during service. I felt damn offended. A point to note ah, I still thought he was with the guests. So during service, he was like telling me to stay at the table and not let anyone near the table. When I went to get things for the guest, he repeated it to me in the more irritated tone, which made me feel damn useless. Following that, he just told me what to do. What happened was that he wanted me to serve a soup to this lady. i went to the right side of the lady wanting to serve her the soup but she was talking to another guest. I was hesitating whether to serve or not then he kept giving me small pushes and kept pointing me to serve it to her. So i followed his cue to serve, however finding myself pulled to one side after that to be said that what i did was rude and it was wrong to turn the food that the guest didn't want to another guest. I was like WTHHHH. But i kept my mouth shut cos i kept thinking i was wrong. The whole dinner i was just damn not confident of myself. My manager asked me to get mineral water in a glass and after i came back with it she was like ' HUH what are you talking about? What mineral bottle? I never ask you to take what.' doing it was damn pek chek lah.

Then after that long torturous lunch was over, as i was walking along the corridor, a guest was about to enter the room that was suppose to have a tea ceremony. As the room was not ready, i walked up to the guest to see how i could assist him. Turns out that he wanted the tea ceremony to start earlier. IT WAS ANOTHER 'OMG HOW HOW HOW' THING FOR ME. Cos we weren't briefed about the tea ceremony and no one was assigned to handle it, i was like crap lahhh. Then i was pushed to help with it. I have no clue on how to do tea ceremony. luckily other people who knew came to help. The bride and the groom were both young and pretty/good-looking. The bride's maids were ALL so pretty also. Heard that they are rich Indonesians, no wonder all their dresses were so nice. Also i think some of them are Indonesian mixed ang moh, SUPER PRETTY I TELL YOU. Then came the wedding dinner at night. The amazing part was the band. It was the first wedding dinner that had super young and hip songs played throughout the dinner. LOVED IT WHEN IT PLAY LOVE STORY. The singers were all FANTASTIC TO THE MAX. And after the dinner, random people came to the stage to sing and it lasted for like another hour or more? From young to old, all the indonesians sing SO SO SO well:)

I can't exactly remember why was it torturous cos I've left this post hanging for so long before getting my lazy self to finish it up. OOPS.

No comments: