Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today was a day with ALOT of mixed feelings.

It started with me feeling REALLY REALLY REALLY nervous and messed up in the head. I woke up early for SSM, prepared my stuff and got ready to leave the house then I realised that I was late in meeting my friend so I just rushed out of the house. In the midst of the big rush, everything that i needed to do became even more messy in my head. I didn't know what the hell I was thinking anymore. So as i walked to school to meet ZW, I realised the SUPER SMART ME brought a change of shirt to change out, BUT I FORGOT TO BRING SHORTS. And FYI, SSM PANTS ARE UGLY. So I just complained and complained. Met MY & N and we went to finalise grooming and uniform. I was more or less done, just had to finish my make up. Then helped them with their hair and make up. GUESS WHAT TIME WE FINISHED? From 7.10 - 7.45.

NEXT, once we entered TCA, it was a whole new feeling. I FELT LOST. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON. I was like errrrrrrrrrrrrrr WHERE ARE WE SUPPOSE TO GO???? After a while we realised OH OK the lockers. Then on entering the lockers, it was this TENSE atmosphere. Everyone was rushing then OH WAIT WHAT DO WE HAVE TO BRING? so unlock the lockers again. By the time we reached Top Table, it was like 7.55? OMG MR GOH WAS DAMN SCARY. He was shouting like officer like that. Then when you walk in you really have no idea what to do. Ms Mark told us what to do but with Mr Goh shouting in the background, it definitely felt like you were late. Ended up being sooo nervous. It felt worse than sitting for O's. But after a while he talks about expectations, blah blah blah then got down to touring TCA. It was more relax then, really like class. SUPER ALOT OF NOTES TO TAKE DOWN. It was good lah but felt like too much info in 1day. OHWELLS. When he teaches, you can see a totally different side of him. He really wants to pass the experience and knowledge to you. But he's still scary. IM PRETTY GLAD I HAVE HIM AS A TUTOR:)

I KNOW, YOU THINK I AM CRAZY.

We were given a super late lunch. Only at 1.20, for 30mins. But I was so busy trying to take down info and remember it that I wasn't feeling that hungry despite missing my breakfast. After lunch, THE FUN PART CAME. Round trays and oval trays.

I guess it was a blessing in disguise. Only up till this part then I realise. I remembered how i ever thought that it would be great to be able to learn EVERYTHING about a restaurant before working there and how I had problems with tray especially OVAL ones but i never knew how to tackle it.

Today THIS was exactly what i wanted. IM GIVEN THIS OPPORTUNITY. The tutors were really patient with of the dropping of numerous bottles and also the weak minds of ours. Im pretty sure we all are able to handle the tray and the weight. Really up to our will and our mindset. I decided that this was the only time I could ever perfect my oval tray "skills" and i just followed instructions. I CAN!!!!

WATCH THIS. Don't you dare say i can only do service! BECAUSE IM TRYING MY DAMN BEST TO DO WHAT YOU GUYS DO ALSO. Not only the weak VIP server ok! :):):):)


Mr Goh was really nice during the tray carrying session. I KINDA LOVE HIM NOW.
OH YEA PLUS HE DOESN'T EVEN USE VULGARITIES. I want to be like him. Strong discipline and all.

LOVE SSM AFTERALL.

No comments: